This recipe is a cross between a white peppermint hot cocoa and a White Russian. It’s perfect for an evening spent wrapping presents, a weekend day spent reading, or time spent watching so-bad-they’re-good Hallmark Christmas movies. It is delicious, and I hope to never know exactly how many calories are in it. (If you do the math, don’t tell me.) If you care even less about calories than I do, you can swap out some of the milk for half-and-half.
This recipe is for one (generous) serving so double or triple as needed if serving a group.
- 1.5 cups milk
- 3 oz white chocolate, chopped or grated
- 2 drops peppermint extract
- 1 ounce Kahlua
- 1 ounce Vodka
- Toppings: Whipped cream, candy canes, sprinkles or colored sugar
- Heat milk over the stovetop. Do not boil.
- Reduce heat to low and begin adding the white chocolate to the milk approximately 1 ounce at a time, whisking until dissolved, and then adding the next ounce.
- Add in peppermint extract.
- In each mug, add 1 ounce Kahlua and 1 ounce vodka. Pour in cocoa.
- Make it pretty with your desired toppings, take a picture for Instagram, and enjoy!
Recommended movie pairing: White Christmas (of course!)
Recommended book pairing: A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens