After dinner drinks are the best. From rich glasses of port to dessert liqueurs to coffee drinks, I love them all. And when you are too old to pub crawl on Saint Patrick’s Day, this is the perfect beverage.
Classic Irish Coffee
- 8 oz freshly brewed coffee
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 oz Irish whisky
- Whipped cream for topping
- Place one tablespoon brown sugar and one ounce Irish whisky in a clear mug.
- Pour over hot coffee and stir.
- Top with whipped cream.
- Add Bailey’s. This isn’t the traditional Irish coffee, but it is the variation you are most likely to be served in a restaurant.
- Add Bailey’s and Frangelico (hazelnut liqueur). This is usually called a Nutty Irishman.
- If Saint Patrick’s Day means minty treats to you, add Bailey’s and Crème de Menthe.