It’s nearly summer cookout season, and everyone is thinking burgers, corn on the cob, and side salads. Drinks can sometimes be an afterthought, and it’s so easy just to grab a Coke or a beer. However, if you try this at your next BBQ or graduation party, this lemonade might be your new go-to summer beverage. While I haven’t tested this, I suspect it would also make for a great popsicle.
To make this easy, I use store bought lemonade in this recipe (I used Trader Joe’s organic lemonade). If you are a from-scratch cook, I’m sure this would be even more delicious with homemade lemonade. It calls for one tablespoon of mint, which is just enough to add a slight herbal flavor, but it’s not overpowering. It’s a child friendly mint level. If you want a more distinct mint flavor, please double the amount.
Strawberry Mint Lemonade
- 64 oz bottle lemonade
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup (or preferred sweetener)
- 1 tablespoon mint, finely chopped
- Place strawberries, sweetener, and mint in a blender or processor. Puree.
- Add strawberry mint blend to a pitcher. Top with lemonade and stir well.
- Pour into glasses and garnish with strawberries and mint.